Review on ADTRAN® ATLAS 550 router
ADTRAN ATLAS 550 is used in enterprise business and network service providers for the Internet communication. The remote management protocols used are SNMP and telenet. An external modular form factor is used in this router and it also supports data link protocols such as Ethernet, Frame Relay and Fast Ethernet. Its special features include IP-routing, ARP support, Manageable Modular Design and DHCP support.
ADTRAN ATLAS 550 uses a wired technology for data transfer. There is an LED panel for the output display for the users. The router provides a next level of flexibility in data transfer. A high speed multiprotocol backplane is included in it with a six modular expansion slots. The six modular expansion slots consist of two network interface slots and four user interface slots.
ADTRAN ATLAS 550 has a line rate of fractional T-1/T-1. The line coding format used is AMI and B8ZS. It supports framing formats such as D4, ESF and SF. The status indicators used in the router are for power, test mode, error and status alarm. ANSI T1.617 is the compliant standard and the voice codec is G.723.1. The router also allows a maximum transfer rate of 1.544 Mbps. It consists of six expansion slots and can interface with various other networks. There is an internal power supply and the voltage required for its operation is AC 120/230 Volts with 50 or 60 Hz frequency. The product gives a five year warranty for the service and support. It also works fine in the varying environmental conditions.
- FIVE –Â PerformanceADTRAN ATLAS 550 provides a wide range of application in the area of digital communication. It performs great in the field of accessing Internet, telecommuting, basic connectivity, video conferencing, etc. The network performance from ADTRAN ATLAS 550 is high with low operating cost. The products from ADTRAN router are all custom designed for many common known original equipment manufactures.
- FOUR –Â ConnectivityADTRAN ATLAS 550 provides a wide range of connectivity for various protocols. The data link protocols used are Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Frame Relay and PPP. UDP/IP, ICMP/IP and ARP are Network/Transport Protocol. The routing protocols in the router are OSPF, RIP-1, RIP-2. These protocols are all easily manageable and the router comes with a network cable of 6 feet and 15 feet.
- THREE –Â ISDN switchADTRAN ATLAS 550 functions as an IDSN switch. We can connect multiple ISDn switches in this router. The existing global ISDN switch cab be extended to the interface level through this connection. The platforms which support these interfaces can run Basic Rate Interface (BRI) and Primary Rate Interface (PRI) at the same time. Without reloading the router it can change the ISDN switch.
- TWO –Â AC or DC powerPower supplies are of two types, alternating current and direct current. Electronic devices mainly work on direct current and the power is transferred as alternating current. Adtran Atlas 550 Router supports both AC and DC power supplies which make its applications wide. It can occupy with both of these powers and there is no conversion of the power is required which in turn minimizes the circuit complexity.
- ONE – Â Hot swappable devicesADTRAN ATLAS 550 consists of hot swappable devices which avoids the unnecessary interrupts caused during the computer shutdowns. There is software available with the routers which are to be installed in the computers for the router to work as hot swapping. These hot swappable modules also make the system fast and avoid the rebooting after the addition of peripheral devices.
ADTRAN ATLAS 550 is one of the best innovative technologies from ADTRAN which shows high performance with a high speed data transfer. If you are searching for a router which allows fast switching of data between networks then this router is made for you.