ADTRAN® NetVanta 3205 Router Review
ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 is an access router used for point-to-point connectivity and Virtual Private Networking. This router is used for applications requiring a bandwidth up to 2 T1s. It offers single slot interface and 10/100 Base-T Ethernet LAN port. ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 Router provides firewall protection, DHCP support and NAT support. It is used as both DHCP client and server. VLAN trunking allows routing between VLANs.
ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 router is used to access Internet and corporate frame relay. This router can house a variety of Network Interface Modules that include 56/64kbps, T1/FT1, T1/FT1 with DSX-1, Dual T1, E1/FE1, E1/FE1 with G.703, and Serial interface. The router is designed for cost effective network access. ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 supports E1 for global applications. The built in DSU/CSU protects the circuit. Optional DSX-1 interface is available for voice connectivity. There is also a five year warranty for this router.
ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 router is an access router that provides high performance and offers a solution for access routing and WAN connectivity in a single package. This router comes with a flash memory of 8 MB and 16 MB DRAM. This Router has a Motorola MPC860 80 MHz processor. The router supports OSPF, RIP, static routing and bridging. ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 router has 1U, 19inch rack mount metal closure with an internal form factor. Dimensions of this router are 17.2”X 7.8”X1.3”. Command Line Interface mimics de facto industry standards and user-friendly web-GUI. Optional VPN-5 IP sec tunnels are used for DES/3DES/AES encryption. Auto cross over and auto ranging power are the other features of this router. DSU/CSU modem has a maximum transfer rate of 1.544 Mbps.
- FIVE –Â High Security featureADTRAN NetVanta 3205 is an access router with powerful and high performance Stateful Packet Inspection security feature. The firewall present in the router checks the outgoing and incoming packets against the security policies developed by the IT Manager. This firewall will identify and protects against IP spoofing, LAN attacks, ping of death and IP reassembly problems. Network Address Translation (NAT/NAPT) conceals private IP addresses. VPN 5 tunnels are used for encryption.
- FOUR –Â Bandwidth up to 2 T1sADTRAN NetVanta 3205 is used in application requiring a bandwidth from 56k to dual T1s. Bandwidth is the measure of the width of a range of frequencies. The router will house a variety of Network Interface Modules and includes a firewall and a serial interface. The router has auto ranging power. Auto ranging is the process in which a device has the capability to automatically switch to settings along a specifically identified range.
- THREE –Â Auto sensing per deviceAuto sensing is a capability of a network using low level signaling techniques to select compatible Ethernet speed. ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 router consists of IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD or Ethernet IEEE 802.3u 100 Mbps (Fast Ethernet). The router supports wired network with a single slot interface. Auto-sensing 10/100BaseT interface is used to accommodate mixed Ethernet environments. When these devices are connected for the first time, 10/100 devices will automatically exchange the information with each other to get common settings. The network runs at 100 mbps if it is supported. Otherwise it will drop to 10 mbps to ensure the performance.
- TWO –Â Network connectivityADTRAN NetVanta 3205 has an Optional DSX-1 interface for voice connectivity to a PBX Optional dial backup system. Analog Modem module is used for dialing backup or remote management. The network protocol used in this router is TCP/IP. There are status indicators for power, link activity, receive and transmit. It also supports NAT, NAPT, DHCP and Reverse NAT support.
- ONE – Â Protocol and standardThe protocols used in ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 router are IP, PPP and TCP. The routing protocols include OSPF, RIP version 1 & 2 and static routing. The remote management protocols that support ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 are SNMP, HTTP, TFTP and Telnet. And the LAN standards are IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD or Ethernet and IEEE 802.3u 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet). This router also supports Global E1.
ADTRAN NetVanta 3205 Router offers reliable equipment that increases network performance, lowers cost and positions networks for the future. It has a warranty period of five years.