Review on Cisco® 2900 Series Integrated Services router
Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers are manufactured by Cisco. The modern platforms are constructed to enable the next phase of branch office development and thereby providing affluent media alliance and virtualization to the branch while exploiting operational cost savings. These routers also provide good quality services integration and alertness.
Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers generation 2 platforms are future enabled with multi core processors, support for huge faculty digital signal processors for future advanced video capabilities, high powered service modules with improved convenience, Gigabit Ethernet switching with better POE and latest energy supervising and manage capabilities. It also feature a stylish design.
Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services router is one of the inexpensive and most featured integrated services routers recently introduced by Cisco. All Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers offer hardware encryption acceleration, voice and video proficient digital signal processor slots, optional firewall, invasion prevention, call processing, voicemail and application services. In addition, these routers support the industries widest variety of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1 / E1, T3 / E3, xDSL, copper and fiber GE. This router is mainly designed for scalability. The modular architecture of these routers enables you to grow and adapt with your business needs. Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers enables exploitation in high speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 75 Mbps.
- FIVE –Â Energy efficiencyCisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers offer bright power management and allow the user to organize power to the modules based on the time of day. The ongoing enlargement of both hardware and software capabilities in this router lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the total cost of ownership, including materials and energy use.
- FOUR –Â Platform architectureCisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers are designed to meet the application requirements of today's branch offices with design suppleness for future applications. The modular architecture is intended to support growing bandwidth requirements, time division multiplexing interconnections and fully incorporated power allocation to modules supporting 802.3af power over Ethernet and Cisco enhanced PoE. These routers are extremely modular platforms with many types of module slots.
- THREE –Â PerformanceThese routers are powered by the high performance multi core processors. This processor has the ability to support the increasing needs of high speed WAN connections to the branch office while also running many concurrent services. Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services router also offer a diligence leading extent of LAN and WAN connectivity options through modules to hold field upgrades.
- TWO –Â ModularityCisco 2900 Series Integrated Services router provides considerably improved modular capabilities and offering investment protection for users. Most of the modules that are available on earlier generation of Cisco routers, such as the Cisco 2800 series, are also supported on the Cisco 2900 series routers. Additionally, modules can be used on other supported Cisco platforms to give utmost investment security.
- ONE – Â BenefitsCisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers are the base for alliance in the small and midsize branch office, serving as a grave component of a Cisco's video architecture and enterprise unified communications solution. With the entrenched voice services and a wide range of supported telephony interfaces, the Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers deliver utmost deployment flexibility for the distributed enterprise.
Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services routers comes with a number of new features and technologies than many other routers available in the market today. The performance of this router is also great.