Review on CradlePoint® CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router
CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router allows you to share your 3G broadband signal over b/g Wi-Fi. In this router, you have a choice of using a USB broadband modem, a handset or an express card modem and it has an exterior antenna port to exploit reception. The router also supports compound VPN passthroughs and 64/128bit WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption.
CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router is a mobile broadband router that was developed to be a plug and play solution. You can use the router by connecting an activated USB or express card modem and turn on the unit. Within seconds you will have a safe Wi-Fi network and the capability to connect up to 32 Wi-Fi enabled devices.
USB modems, smart phones and express cards have become very famous in the past few years. All these devices allow individuals to easily and rapidly access Internet from just about anywhere their wireless carrier provides cellular coverage. Unluckily, most of those wireless devices only let one user to connect to the Internet at a given time. Here is where CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router come in, which lets users to effortlessly make a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for up to 32 devices by plugging one of several 3G or 4G USB modems, express cards and even select smart phones. The CradlePoint Ctr 500 mobile broadband router is less expensive and it measures just 4.7”³ x 2.8”³ x 0.8”³ in size.
- FIVE –Â Build designIt is a slim, piano black mobile broadband router that is about the size of a deck of playing cards. The router contains three ports on the left side including a standard RJ45 jack for connecting a standard networking cable, a USB port and a power port for connecting a power source. Right side of the router contains an express card slot and a reset button.
- FOUR –Â Set-upIn order to set-up CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router, simply plug in an activated data card whether it is USB or express card, EVDO or HSDPA, and the router finds it and automatically logs on, allowing you to connect via Wi-Fi and get online. After setting up the CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router, you need a password to access the network.
- THREE –Â Advanced optionsYou can set some very sophisticated options in the this mobile broadband router including wireless security for your devices such as MAC address filtering, WEP/WPA security and so on. Also, this router is a firewall that provides stateful packet inspection and network address translation. This router works everywhere you have cellular service.
- TWO –Â AntennaThis mobile broadband router is an 802.11g/b Wi-Fi device. For the sake of neatness and stability this router uses an internal antenna. You didn’t have any difficulty picking up a strong signal at distances as long as 50 feet, but if you want superior range, you can buy an optional connector for an external mast antenna.
- ONE – Â BenefitsCradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router is one of the highly efficient, well equipped and trouble free method to use your data card. This router also lets you to work with almost any wireless broadband card from any wireless carrier and making you free to jump around amongst carters as you see fit. The router also offers several security features.
CradlePoint CTR500 Mobile Broadband Travel router is one of the high performance mobile broadband routers available in the market today. This router also offers a number of new features than many other routers.