Work smarter, not harder: 5 tools to work remotely
‘Work smarter, not harder’ is the new mantra of today’s competitive business environment. With Internet becoming ubiquitous by the minute, the need for being physically present in the office is becoming obsolete and the trend to work remotely is becoming more popular. Remote working is, in fact, a great way to make your teams more productive and keep them happy. Not only does it help team members maintain a healthy work-life balance, remote working also helps business owners keep their teams connected, even if they are spread out across the world.
Here’s a list of top five tools that can help you work remotely and still make an effective impression in the business world:
HipChat is a team chat tool that’s built especially for mobile businesses. With oodles of features and powerful integrations, it allows you to:
· Create different chat rooms as well as have 1-on–1 conversations
· Share photos, documents, and discuss company-wide issues or ideas
· Set up automatic notifications to get a clarity of work that is being performed
· Transfer files, folders, and documents from your desktop, DropBox, and email
· Invite client and vendors into a HipChat room for easy communication
· Synchronize your work across different devices so that conversations are never lost even when you switch devices.
Harvest offers you a whole new way to plan your team’s time. With a simple, yet intuitive, interface, Harvest allows you to track your team’s online work and ensure business profitability. It also allows you to:
· Easily collaborate with your team and share business requirements
· Make use of 70+ apps to simplify your workflow
· Create and send invoices as well as accept payments on the go
· Track your team’s timesheets to know how busy or available they are
· Remind everyone of the key deliverables and push projects forward
· Sync your clients, vendors, and team managers to ease work flow
· Track online working hours, project budgets, and income to manage everything from a single interface.
As a browser extension, Teamgum is the easiest way to share anything on the web with your team. By having your team in the sidebar, Teamgum allows you to schedule discussions, drag and drop images, and send files. You can also discover links shared by your team, without the need to switch tabs to communicate.
With Sqwiggle, your team is just a click away. It is a video chat tool that allows you to easily work from home by helping you establish a face-to-face contact with your remote team members. Sqwiggle also enables you to:
· Schedule one-to-one discussions or weekly conference calls with just a simple tap
· Integrate your browser, favorite tools, and apps for efficient working
· Create unlimited topic-based chat streams
· Drag-and-drop files from your desktop into the chat rooms for easy sharing.
Hackpad is an effective document-editing tool that allows you to create and save documents to work collaboratively. It can be used to write meeting notes, work on shared documents, and share results in real time. With Hackpad, you can also:
· Break projects into subtasks and assign them to different remote team members
· Monitor progress and create and release milestones using to-do lists
· Make your content accessible everywhere by moving it on the cloud
· Use Dropbox and other file sharing features to share files and folders.
So, what are you waiting for? Use these power tools to collaborate with your remote workers and mobile teams and add a new dimension to your business.