Review on Linksys® E-3000 DD-WRT
Linksys E-3000 DD-WRT is one of the top and best class product of Linksys. It is very fast and is selected as a strong VPN router. DD-WRT is a firmware based on Linux for wireless routers. It consists of a Broadcom 4718 chipset with a high performance 480 MHz CPU speed. RAM of the router is 64Mb with a USB 2.0 support.
Linksys E-3000 DD-WRT is classified as a high performance or Gigabyte WAN with six antennas which provide a superb signal and for the large signal area coverage. It has a stylish design with a dimension of 2.8 x 7.1 x 9.2 inches with a weight of 1.98 pounds. The router supports the latest Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7 and also Mac Operating System. For the centralized data sharing there is USB port.
Linksys E-3000 DD-WRT has a fast processor and it uses a simple strong VPN set-up which has the capability to run DD-WRT Mega. For the interfaces, there are console port USB and an additional interface USB. The router supports LAN standards IEEE 802.3u 100Mbps, also called as Fast Ethernet and the protocol supported is Remote Management Protocol UPnP. The router consists of a Firewall which has Stateful Packet Inspection. The antennas used are internal and it broadcasts Wi-Fi Radio Frequencies of 2.4GHz and 5GHz individually or simultaneously. The network protocols consist of L2TP, PPTP and IPsec. Quicker file sharing is possible through Gigabit speed with the use of Gigabit Ethernet ports with a build in media server.
- FIVE –Â N-technologyLinksys E-3000 DD-WRT uses a technology called as N-technology which is the latest wireless innovation which allows a wide coverage area and best range. The hub of the computer is also compatible with N-technology which displays ‘N’ image on its box. For the robust signals and for the maximum speed the router uses multiple radio frequencies per band which also reduces the dead spots.
- FOUR –Â Advanced content filtering systemLinksys E-3000 DD-WRT uses advanced content filtering system which adds the security to the network. Advanced content filtering system works by checking the contents of the data of the network rather than its source or other parameters. Almost all the spam files are trapped by this content filtering system. This makes the router found its application in office, schools to block inappropriate websites. An antivirus can also act as a content filtering setup.
- THREE –Â Drive sharingDrive sharing can be done through Universal Serial Bus or USB. The router also supports USB 2.0 which allows fast data transfer. A USB storage device can be converted to a NAS which is Network Attached Storage. NAS devices can be used for the data sharing between the multiple computers and this is very popular now and the responsibility of the file sharing is reduced by NAS.
- TWO –Â Easy to set-upThe set-up of Linksys E-3000 DD-WRT is very easy and even a beginner can do it. The driver CD comes with the router package and inserts that CD in CD drive which runs the software for set-up. The router can then be connected to the PC after the license agreement. The software then automatically detects the router and it will set-up the connection.
- ONE – Â General featuresLinksys E-3000 DD-WRT is nice in design and it has a limited access time and has the parental controls for the websites. For Internet browsing and e-mailing, 2.4GHz is selected and %GHz is selected for the music or video playbacks, etc. The router package consists of a user guide and software support with Ethernet network cable and Energy Star power adapter.
Linksys E-3000 DD-WRT is one of the best of its class and it comes with wireless N-connectivity and software which allows users to connect with multiple devices in a network.