Common Belkin Router Issues
If you are using a Belkin router or are planning to purchase one shortly, you will find this article handy as we have compiled for you a list of the common Belkin router issues. Besides, we also have for you some simple tips that can help you to resolve these Belkin router errors. However, though the fixes aren’t very complicated, you may seek technical help to be able to do it. To help you fix the issues, you can conveniently call iYogi tech experts, anytime that suits you, and let them fix the errors, right in front of you.
Are you ready to learn about the common Belkin router issues?
- Belkin router set up issues: Belkin offers a selection of routers that are compatible with DSL, ADSL, Satellite, and Fiber connections; needless to say, you can pick your own router that best suits your requirements. If you are attempting to set up the Belkin router yourself, you can follow the checklist below to ensure that you do not have to face any Belkin router set up issue:
- Check your Internet connection to ensure that it is working fine
- Select the boxes ‘Obtain an IP Address Automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically’ from Properties, located in the Control Panel’s Network Connections option.
- Connect the router and your PC using an Ethernet cable. Belkin routers have four ports and you could choose any of them to begin the process.
- Connect the WAN port with modem cable and complete the process.
- Turn on the modem and wait for the lights to become steady, proceed to join the power cord from the AC outlet (located at the back of the router).
- Steady lights on the router signify that it is ready to be used. You can now connect your wireless devices via WI FI and start your work.
- Belkin router timeout issues: Such issues occur when the connection between the router and the PC isn’t correct, when there are software/ hardware issues with the router, when the Internet connection isn’t working fine, or when the IP address-enabled firewall settings are incorrectly identified by the router. To fix the timeout issue you have to analyze the cause and thereby fix it accordingly. By trying to fix the IP address (you can source the address by pressing the ‘Reset’ button), by supplying a high-speed Internet connection, and by regulating the power supply to the router you can attempt to fix this issue.
- Belkin router Internet disconnects issues: This is another common Belkin router issue and can frustrate you to no end. However, it can be fixed by following this 4-step solution:
- Restart the modem after disconnecting the power supply
- Restart the router using the same method mentioned above and by waiting for 30 seconds
- Power up the modem and then the router
- Once the lights in both the devices are completely lit, try to connect to the Internet.
iYogi tech experts are available to offer you technical assistance round the clock. Should you face any Belkin router issue, other than the ones mentioned above, or find fixing the above issues difficult, do not hesitate to call us on our toll free number.