How to Configure Router Mode on TL-WR702N
Are you yet undecided in whether you should go ahead with the Bridge mode or the Router mode? Well, for the uninitiated, the best feature you get to explore with the Router mode is that it allows for network segmentation, as in, it enables traffic to pass through two logically separated networks. This is a limitation with the Bridge mode. However, having said that, you can definitely use the best of both the modes to ensure that you enjoy uninterrupted network service and Internet access and that too while being in a secured zone. So, if you have multiple routers, you can separate one for configuring Router mode and set the rest on Bridge mode
What are the essentials to take care of while configuring Router mode on TP-Link WR702N
To enable Router mode on TP-Link WR702N router, follow the three- step method described below:
(Follow the below mentioned steps if you have a Windows 7-based OS. If you own any other version of Windows installed on your PC, call on our toll free number and iYogi tech experts can help you configure Router mode on your TP-Link router, in no time.)
Step 1: Connecting the TP-Link WR702N router to your Windows 7 PC
- Locate the Ethernet ports on both the devices and connect them.
- Switch on the TP-Link WR702N router.
Step 2: Setting up the Windows 7 PC
- Access the ‘Start’ button.
- Click on ‘Control Panel’.
- Go to ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Click on ‘Change Adapter Settings’.
- Right click on ‘Local Area Connection’.
- Click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Scroll down to the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and double-click on it.
Step 3: Now you will have to manually feed in data in the subsequent steps… here you go…
- Once the General window opens up, select the ‘Use the following IP address’.
- Â Type 192.168.0.10 manually in the IP address field.
- Fill 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet mask field.
- Exit by selecting ‘OK’.
- Select ‘OK’ to apply the settings.
By following the easy steps mentioned above, you should be able to configure Router mode on your TP-Link WR702N router. If you face a challenge while configuring or any other issue once the configuration is done, call on the iYogi toll free number and speak to a tech expert who can eliminate the router issue in no time. iYogi Certified Technicians are available round the clock and are well versed in troubleshooting router issues, across most router brands. For technical help or guidance, keep the number handy.