Linksys router connection problem
Are you dealing with a stubborn router that is refusing to budge and is constantly throwing up challenges that you are finding difficult coping with? Well, you aren’t alone. There are millions of router users worldwide who are dealing everyday with router issues ranging from connection problems to upgrade issues. If you are a Linksys router user and are facing connection problems, you will find interesting information here. Read below to fix the issues yourself and if you come across Linksys router connection problems that just aren’t getting fixed, you can seek technical help from iYogi tech experts. Just dial our toll free number and let a tech expert guide you to resolve the issue, right in front of you…
What are the common Linksys router connection problems and how can you fix them?
Some of the common Linksys router connection problems have been mentioned below along with their fixes:
- Linksys router dropping wireless connectivity issue: A Linksys router, irrespective of the version, is set with modern technology that enables good network connection for your home or small office. However, there can be obstacles in the network that may lead the router to drop connections. This isn’t a rare chance and does not require technical expertise to fix it.
- It may be possible that your PCs adapter driver is outdated. If it is, update the driver and fix the issue.
- If you have placed your PC and the router at a distance, and there are obstacles (walls, cupboards, etc.) hampering the signal quality, you can try to place the two at a closer proximity. You can also try to set the wireless router at a place that is central and is free from any obstruction (line of sight is ideal) so that the signals are better received from your wireless router.
- Frequent power disruption can prompt your Linksys wireless router to not perform the way it should. To resolve this problem, ensure that there is constant power supply. If this doesn’t solve the issue, reset the router settings and/ or upgrade the router’s firmware. A corrupt router firmware also displays similar symptoms.
- Slow Internet speed or slow download: A slow download speed on a Linksys router is, more often than not, a result of the below reasons –
- Having the in-built IPv6 feature ‘On’. If at all this feature is on, you will experience a slow Internet/ download speed with your Linksys router. To turn it off, visit the Local Area Connection Properties and uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6) option.
- You could also check the Quality of Service for managing the incoming and outgoing traffic and clearing the path for receiving better signal quality.
- Another reason, though not very common, can be due to the router running out of its RAM. Resetting the router can fix this issue.
- Difficulty connecting to a wireless network: If you are attempting to troubleshoot this issue, you may want to try out any of the below mentioned –
- Check the distance between the router and the connecting devices. If this is the concern, try to place the router and the devices at close proximity of one another.
- Check for outdated adapter drivers and update the same immediately.
- Check if the router firmware is outdated. If it is, update the firmware from the Linksys official website or reach iYogi tech experts to help you do it.
- Linksys routers are set with wireless Mac filter feature. At times this proves a hindrance and limits the range of the connecting devices. Try to alter the settings of this feature to enable access to more PCs.
iYogi Certified Technicians are available 24x7 to resolve all your router issues. If your Linksys router connection problems are frustrating you to no end, call on our toll free number and let our tech experts help you to fix it.