Zoom® Telephonics ADSL X5 router review
Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router is a cost effective desktop router. The router works on full rate ADSL service. The router can be used for accessing the Internet very easily and simultaneously by 253 computers. The router makes use of NAT firewall and support, Ethernet switch, supports DHCP and auto-sensing for device. Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router also provides enhanced firewall protection.
Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router makes use of Ethernet and USB connections for operating with other devices in home networks and offices. The router can be connected to 5 computers for easy web access. The router works on ADSL services like G.DMT, G.Lite and G.hs. The router uses NAT firewall in order to protect the computers from online attacks through broadband connection.
Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router is integrated with four port switch with the ability of 8 Mbps transfer rate. The enclosure type of the router is of desktop. The router has got in built Ethernet switch of four ports that can eliminate any separate hub of the Ethernet. Additional wireless access point can be provided for simultaneous web access for up to 253 computers. The compliant standards supported by the router are 802.1D and 802.3. Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router consists of Ethernet switch that is with built in four ports to avoid any separate hub of Ethernet. The setup of the router is easy with the help of web browser and GUI. The router makes use of a good processor that helps to obtain a strong platform. The flash memory of the router lets updates of firmware.
- FIVE –Â Interface and communicationThe interface used for the Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router are of four pin USB Type A with Ethernet 10 base-T / 100 base TX and LAN with 4.0 x RJ-45. The data link protocols used by the router are fast Ethernet, PPP and ATM. The router is of DSL modem type. The specifications used by the router are ITU G.994.1 and ITU G.992.2.
- FOUR –Â Network connectivityThe router uses wired network type of technology. The router is good for networking connectivity. The switching protocols used by the router are ATM as well as Ethernet. The transport protocols used by the router in the network are PPPoE, AAL5 and PPPoA. The router consists of status indicators that help in indicating the status of the router like link activity, power.
- THREE –Â SecurityZoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router supports different security features like Stateful Packet Inspection (SPE) and PPP for user authentication. The protocols used by the router are password authentication protocol and challenge authentication protocol. The router does the VPN passthrough and enables the filtering of port. The router makes use of Denial of Service Protection feature for maximum system protection.
- TWO –Â ManagementThe router is good at managing the system by enabling the parental control settings with the help of URL filtering. The router does the configuration of network settings in ADSL and interface of HTTP. The router manages all the functions of the ATM traffic. The router manages to load the setup process from a file easily.
- ONE – Â Technical RequirementsThe operating systems used by the router are Apple Mac OS, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows ME and even Linux. The random access memory required for Linux is at least 64 MB. The router uses 400 MHz processor. The router requires the phone line in order to get ADSL services. The router requires connected devices like computers and switches. The power supply required by the router is 100 V to 240 V at 50-60 Hz.
Zoom Telephonics ADSL X5 router is a desktop router integrated with Ethernet switch. The router comes with various features like connectivity, security and management. The router runs on ADSL service and supports different operating systems.